Picked up a new CZ revolver

P35p

I have an old 4" Python that doesn't get shot much. When CZ released the new Matte finish with the Hogue grips I had to have one of the 2.5 inch models. The trigger has to be one of the best DA triggers I've felt in a factory gun and can't wait to go try it out.

From what I can tell the build quality is good on these and the CNC fit is great. I honestly believe the current model to be an improvement over the original.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4727fss.jpg
    IMG_4727fss.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 439
Looks terrific and ready to rock!
The more I see and read about these new Pythons makes me want to get my mitts on one. I’m afraid I won’t want to put it back down.

I didn't know they offered that matte finish. Oh well, they add new "stuff" all the time it seems now.

My wife and I have got three of the new Pythons. Two SS, one blue. I'm not sure if they're "the best" revolvers I've ever owned or not, but I can't think of any that were really a lot better.

00-hkoSrbiJVbkLQIqHJdzDYiKsisWU9eos8swfCMeXiIy_QsiARHnQ6bnTEQGxjwxxUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

I think Colt got it right.

Last edited:
I didn't know they offered that matte finish. Oh well, they add new "stuff" all the time it seems now.

As far as I know the Matte finish was new for 2024 and they offer the Python and Anaconda in it. You can get all the regular barrel lengths as well. I wanted the finish because I wanted one to shoot a great deal and not have to worry about handling marks. While the regular Colt grips look good they don't fit my hands good and are uncomfortable to shoot. I have several snub nose with the Hogue grips and really like them for comfort.

Took the Python to the range today. To get a fair comparison I shot it with a Hogue gripped 686. The 686 I've had for 40 years and it's had some serious trigger work done and is butter smooth. The DA of the Python was just as light as the 686, not as smooth though. The single action on the Python is much heavier, probably about 5#s. However I rarely shoot single action.

As you can see I have a fetish for snub nose revolvers with Hogue grips. The 624 is probably one of my favorites. Who doesn't love a classic 66?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4732s.jpg
    IMG_4732s.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 314
Very nice, I prefer short barreled medium frame revolvers.
I have an early 66 and 686, both with 2-1/2” bbls.

Back