Picked up a early Glock 17

highpower3006

I more or less stumbled on this early Glock 17 a couple of weeks ago at a local gun store. I had one back in the early 1990's, but sold it to fund other toys and I always had fond memories of it. A year or so ago I picked up one of Glock's P80 clones as I figured that was as close as I was ever going to get to the gun I had 30 years ago and I have been quite happy with it.

I don't exactly collect Glocks, but I know the early imports are desirable and the price seemed reasonable at $550, so I did one of my patented impulse purchases and took it home.

What I have been able to learn is that this particular gun has a firing proof date of 1/87, the box (labeled to this pistol), two magazines and loading tool are original to the gun. Internally all the bits are are also original including the non-captive recoil spring so it hasn't been subject to any updates. Included with the gun was three extra early U notch magazines along with a couple of late model factory Glock 17 magazines. The only thing I didn't get with it is the owners manual and after finding out what they go for on Ebay, I doubt if I will ever get one.

Other than that there is really nothing special about the gun itself as it is a bog stock G17 and, like all Glocks, is boringly reliable.

IMG_0147_Fotor-XL.jpg

IMG_0153_Fotor-XL.jpg

IMG_0154_Fotor-XL.jpg

You did GREAT fo 550.00!
An original glock 17 first gen in super shape, original mags, and the original tupperware box with the original labels and especially the cartrige section in the box.
You could seel just the box on ebay for around 250.00 to some collector.
I sold my oriignal 1st gen 17 for over 800.00.
There's always collectors looking for this stuff!

I remember when these were the old Glock and sold for very little. I remember when they were creeping up in price because they were the original Glock. I remember when people started to pay more for them than a new one. Now they have achieved total collector status.

$550.00 Great buy!

I’m not even a Glock guy, but I know enough that if I stumbled on that deal I too would jump on it. I wouldn’t even resell it, I’d probably shoot it some every once in a while and just stash it for the most part.

Back