Picked up a Canik TP9 Elite SC

wbw

I picked up a Canik TP9 Elite SC yesterday at the Gettysburg gun show. It looked interesting and I got interested. I knew that Canik had a good reputation, but other than that I knew nothing about this pistol. I didn't realize until I got home and did a little searching that this is a new release.

I haven't shot it yet but I'm impressed with the build quality. The fit and finish is excellent. It comes with a holster that can be used outside the waistband or inside. Just reverse the hooks. It had a second, smaller backstrap and two mags. A 12 and a 15 round. It also comes with a little tool box that contains some small wrenches, a punch and a few screws. The front sight is a night-sight of some sort. I don't know the exact material that was used. An impressive set-up in my opinion.

I believe that MSRP is $429. I got it for $375 which I was happy with. I didn't know that it was a new release. It would probably be less in a few months down the road, but I'm very happy with my purchase. Can't wait to try it out.

Seems like a great value. I'd also say you got a good deal by avoiding shipping and the FFL transfer fee if you had bought online.

Value of Canik pistols are gone.

Beretta just dropped their price on the APX to $300. It's even on their website as "new pricing." Comes with a real finish, not cerakote over phosphate.

Though, it will be interesting if there are mags made for the SC to the regular Elite and full sized. There is a factory Elite mag that holds 18 that is different than the regular 18 round Canik mag.

I'm very happy with my Canik, a SFx model, and have no complaints at all. You have a great deal there IMHO. Enjoy.

Back