Picked up a 1920, S&W Hand Eject, .32 S&W Long today

Trooper Joe

Found this in lower Michigan today.

According to my S&W book, it is the 2nd change for the Hand Eject model. Called the factory and they thought it was made about 1920.

This will go with my 1915 era Colt Police Positive in the same caliber, as well as my H&R 732.

Can't wait to get to the range with these revolvers. The only one I ever shot was the Colt.

Trooper Joe

That's a treasure if that's the original finish, and it doesn't look as if the cartridge marking on the barrel has been polished, so yeah, that really looks like it could be the original finish.

And the grips! OMG I love the original hard rubber grips!

My .32 HE Regulation Police is a beautiful little shooter, but unfortunately it has gone full brown patina.

Gotta ask... what did you have to give for it?

Mike,

I was able to pick it up for $400. I feel real good about that.

The guys on the S&W forum are pretty sure it is the original finish. Also, it appears that it is the 5th change and not the 2nd change like I thought.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

Had I seen that gun for $400 I'd have sneered and worked to get the seller to come off that unreasonable price, all while assuring him I was doing him a favor by talking to him....

No, I wouldn't have. I probably would have sprained my elbow trying to rip my wallet out of my pants while screaming "TAKE MY MONEY!!!"

That looks like it's been sitting in an drawer for 90 years! Nice find.

I just checked mine; from it's 6 digit serial number, it appears to be the Third Model; however the address and patent dates are on the top of the barrel (no mention in the S&W book)32 long on the right side and Smith & Wesson on the left; 5 screw, small S&W logo on left side of frame.

No where near as nice as the R&P Target version I found in a pawn shop (and flipped for a bunch more) but fun to shoot with lwsc bullets.

I was able to pick it up for $400. I feel real good about that.
Craziness.
Around here, that wouldn't have even gone into a display case. It would have immediately gone up for auction, with a starting bid of $600+ and an unrealistic reserve.

I wouldn't have even tried to haggle, at $400.
(And I'm one of those people that always haggles on gun prices.)

FrankenMauser

You are correct. The shop I bought it from usually would put this on line. However, the clerk that waited on me advised that they recently changed owners and maybe this one got overlooked.

I just sprang for my first Smith and Wesson letter from Mr. Jinks. I have been advised locally that this gun has not been re-blued, and was made in 1917 (one hundred years old).

I just picked up a real nice S&W Pre-30 in 32 S&W long that I will carefully carry and shoot. The 1917 hand ejector model will not be shot.

Trooper Joe

Back