Picked my new CZ-452 Military Trainer yesterday,,,

aarondhgraham

I ordered it Tuesday morning from Buds,,,
It arrived at the Evil Pawn Shop Friday just afternoon.

452-LR.jpg

By the time I got there after work,,,
And got through the paperwork,,,
I only had about an hour left.

But I went to the range anyways,,,
And had time to run 25 rounds downrange,,,
This is the rifle I should have bought as my first .22

Standing at 25 yards,,,
I put 23 of 25 rounds in a 3" circle,,,
Definitely not an Annie Oakley performance,,,
But better than I've done with any other rifle in years.

(Remember, 60 years old, shaky, and half-blind)

The bolt is smooth,,,
The trigger is light and crisp,,,
The wooden stock is sleek and beautiful,,,
I think I've finally found my rimfire silhouette rifle

Aarond

Last edited:
I have one of those military trainers, the sucker is a shooter.

The only thing I did to mine was to put 1 1/4 sling swivels on it so I could use the 1907 style military leather sling for position shooting.

Congrats Aaron. That is a fine rifle and considering your remark :

(Remember, 60 years old, shaky, and half-blind)

Now comes the expensive part; finding a good scope and mount.

1422sb.jpg

By the way, you will need the CZ centerfire models next:)....

Check out Sight Rimfirecentral scroll down to CZ/BRONO and you will be hooked. CZ's are very accurate rifles, once you get use to the rifle try different brands of ammo to see wich brand your rifle favores, you will be shooting one hole groups. My CZ likes Wolf Target Match. Good luck with the rifle. Chris

PZGren,

Those look like Anschutz sights. How did you get them to work on the CZ.

I tried the sights from my Anschutz 1807 on the my military trainer and found once I got them on, I couldn't operate the bolt.

I like to keep irons on my CZ, mainly for practice for the CMP GSM Vintage Rifle shooting where the as issued sights are requred.

The rifle is an Anchütz 1422 that has an S&B scope on it. The Anschütz sights are for an 11mm rail and will only work on such a rail.

I am an Anschütz guy. I just had that photo around. Aaron has to get a good scope now, it will be as good on a CZ as on an Anschütz.

I thought half the point of getting a CZ with irons was to use the irons???

Kraigwy: What sling swivels did you use? After I found out I couldn't fit my canvas GI sling I bought 1 1/4" swivels (Uncle Mike's?) but they did not fit the CZ's swivel studs. Never bothered to buy another pair so my 452 is still unslinged.

Kraigwy: What sling swivels did you use? After I found out I couldn't fit my canvas GI sling I bought 1 1/4" swivels (Uncle Mike's?) but they did not fit the CZ's swivel studs. Never bothered to buy another pair so my 452 is still unslinged.

True that, the CZ studs don't fit anybody else swivels. I simply drilled them out so they would fit. I forgot the drill bit size, but its simple enough to figure out.

About that scope,,,

I plan to keep this one as is,,,
I want to try rimfire silhouette at my club,,,
They will allow anyone to shoot with whatever you have,,,
But if you want to actually shoot a recorded score it's open sights only.

Aarond

Hello K96771,,,

Thanks for that link my friend,,,
I've saved it for future reference.

Right now though I'm leaving it factory stock,,,
I want to wring every bit of performance out of this configuration.

Thanks again.

Aarond

True that, the CZ studs don't fit anybody else swivels. I simply drilled them out so they would fit. I forgot the drill bit size, but its simple enough to figure out.

I unscrewed the original swivels & studs from my 452 Lux, and replaced them with Uncle Mike's studs (no drilling necessary), and some swivels from Turner Saddlery (I was ordering one of their terrific NM slings anyway).

Congratulations, Aarond. I have the same one and it is one of my favorite guns to shoot. I changed out the rear sight with this https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/produc...roducts_id=145 and it makes a big difference.

I tried one of those on mine, but I could not see a full circle because the flat part of the front sight base was visible on the bottom of the aperture. May not matter to most, but I had trouble centering the front sight in the aperture. Maybe I need a smaller one? make sense?

Back