Pick Somthing Funky and Useless for Me

Wildalaska

OK, fellow wierd gun freakazoids, pick my next Pistol or Revolver for me. The criteria:

1. Obscure
2. Funky
3. Shootable (even if I have to do case forming)
4. Affordable (1K +/-)

No Nagants, I have several. Gabbet/Fairfax Mars aren't affordable. No Type 24s!

Show me your funkomatics!!!!!

WildboredAlaska ™

I'm not sure where a broomhandle Mauser hits in price, but if you're looking for a funky toy, I'd think one of those would be a nice acquisition.

Had several...not funky enough. I'm talking about the really wierd...maybe a Frommer Stop?

WildwherearethefreaksAlaska ™

Get a Webley like mine. You'll need to perform some surgery on .45 Colt brass to shoot it, but it's definitely funky. You don't see yourself coming and going at the range, that's for sure...

Have I showed pictures of my Frommer Stop?

Gasser?

GasserM1870.jpg

I have been lookin at the Webley autos especially in light of their funkobility...but spendy!:eek: I'm poor, SWMBO has me on a leash

Now Frommer Stops...so Magyar in their enunciation, reminds me of Noseferatu in foggy nights and wet cobblestone streets...yummy..

Rast and Gassers...yep definately freakish, would need to grow a bushy mustache ;)

WildshowmemoreAlaska TM

Get a Webley like mine.

forget the webley, its only claim to fame, in my mind, is its owned by a gon toting, intelligent woman who listens to led zepplin and likes blade runner!
I think I'm in love.;)

Oh yes indeedy, the Gasser! Every one I have seen has been a trashed beater. If I had the funds and ran accross one like that, I would take it home. Carry it in a sash and learn to speak Montenegrin :cool:

can someone fill me in on the gasser? looks kinda big for its grip. i dont know anything about it.
but it sure is interesting!
tom

Roth Steyr: Tim Mullin calls it the ancestor of the Glock, only milled from steel.

Steyr Hahn: The OTHER 1911.

Rast & Gasser 8mm: Popular in England until the total ban because of its good quality and antique status.

Just saw the YouTube video of the History Channel's presentation of the GyroJet. Their usual penchant for accuracy shows the exhaust exiting the round through the primer rather than the exhaust ports.

Another reason why I take what they (or any cable science/history channel) say with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

The model 94 Nambu is a very cool gun but not that weird in the way it works. I would go for the GyroJet if you want different.

How bout making one of these? Cant recall the correct name/term for them at the moment, but it is kinda funky, and unless you are in the Polish Resistance in WWII, or are a serious masochist, it is pretty useless.:D

Not a pistol/revolver like you asked for, but it gets fired like one, if that counts for anything.

ETA: Apparently I do recall the name. Obrez. That's what I was lokking for there.
Obrez.JPG

Back