pic of my springfield mark 1....

evhwg

Inactive
i was wondering if any of you guys would look at a pic of this gun i got and tell me if its original. the stock just dosnt seem to match it looks to modern....more of a remington stock look.
i can send a pic on request thanks.
P.S. the reason i ask if its not original i would want to use it for shooting targets and hunting. and sporterise it.

You might want to repost in Harley's forum. You may get a better response there. (That's actually the first forum I usually visit myself.)

Post it on the internet or email me a copy. I'll check it up in Brophy or Campbell.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

i should mention that the stock has plastic.
in the buttpad ,under the trigger,and in frint of the stock like on the rem BDL.
somehow i dont think they had plastic back then?
is its not an original stock does that make it worthless?

Sounds like bedding material to repair some damage (cracks). While your stock may not be perfect and the value is reduced, if the plastic is hidden, don't worry about it.

------------------

hi
its not for repairs. just like the new guns you buy today it has the plastic piece in the butt part of the stock.the decrotive plastic front piece on front of the stock ,and under the trigger guard.the buttpad and trigger one have perfect screw holes that screw into the stock. the front one blends in nicely with the stock. thabks for the info thou. could you see the plastic in the picture i sent?

The pics didn't go through my email. Can you post them here at TFL? Gary.

------------------

Back