• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Photos

srtrax

How do you take pics from my pics. and copy them and download them to the fourm or a private message page. I can get to copy but won't let me paste? Can the new schoolers help an old schooler :confused:

You have to either upload the pics to the TFL database first, or provide a link to a specific photo at any of the many photo hosting sites on the Web.

For the former, you can get detailed instructions here.

Charlie, that info is good for attachments that have already been uploaded, but it sounds to me like srtrax hasn't gotten the hang of uploading yet..

srtrax - To upload a photo when you are making a post, press the "Manage attachments" button in the "Additional Options" section you'll find right below the text entry box of the reply screen. A popup window should appear where you can browse your disk drive for the picture you wish to upload. After you've located it, press the "upload" button and the picture will be sent to the TFL server. It will automatically appear as an attachment in the post you created. To use it as an enlarged image in that post or any other, use the info Charlie gave you on retrieving and using the URL of the attachment.

WeLL, IT woRked But MY fIle Was TO BIG tO fIT It IN, So I'll Get my book foR DUMMIES ouT aND See iF i Can Learn How To Reduce THe sIze.N No smiles for being a smartas*?:rolleyes:

Hey Fisherman, it is a Ruger #1, just not finished, but did come from Great American. It,s the final sanding, just before the finish process. Sooo when that 14 year old gets home we'll work on it! It's funny you can spend a year building a rifle, but 5 mins. on this keyboard and hair pulling makes ya kind of :mad: THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME(I'LL BE BACK:p ) AND THANK YOU FOR THE DOWNLOAD INFO!

I'm just excited to see GAGS's work. I'd like to get them working on a Mannlicher style stock, but I'm still searching for the action. I have found a place to procure an exhibition grade blank on the cheap (relative term of course). I'm not in a hurry, but I'm excited for ya.

My 9 month old can't help with the sanding (nor posting pictures). But I hope to have a fake plastic mower to train him (to walk) this summer.

Now, if I can just get him to wipe his butt....

WOW, that is beautiful! You found a really nice blank. Is the steel in the white or SS? I've thought of going with case hardening (I may have mentioned that earlier.)

Had the size issue. Apparently, the limit here is about 500mb. I cut photos into power point, resized and ended up at 150!

A 9 mo. old learning to walk with a plastic mower, now that is funny, but why not a real one! We'll work on one of the pics., and maybe start a post For Ruger #1 fans, I've got questions: would have got back earlier but crappie are going strong here, had to get something to eat...:) Between this pics., and having to work for a living ,i'll see what i come up with.

Glad to hear the crappie are bitting. I just got back from the pond with raw thumbs. I didn't catch any trophies, but but I caught a lot. All black bass on either generic senkos or rattle traps. The spawn is over, but the front that just came through stirred up the appetites. Total of 14 fish. 8 for me 6 for a buddy. I didn't see one bed. The bigger fish were caught in open water and the dinks were clinging to shore cover and standing timber. I charged the trolling motor (the only motor on the pond prowler) battery a couple weeks ago and decided I didn't need to put it on last night. BIG MISTAKE. I paddled...25 mph wind...I exhausted...

I like the idea of a Ruger #1 thread. Only problem is I don't have mine yet. I'm workin' on that. I should have in inside a month (looking to go used, but looks like I will have to go new.) Not a big market for used #1s. Seems most want to hang on to theirs.

I'm still trying to decide on caliber. 7mm mauser or .243... leaning toward 7mm today.

Sorry gentlemen, but this particular forum is for questions, suggestions, etc. You are perfectly free to start a new thread in rifles on the Ruger #1 topic. In fact, say the word, and I'll transfer all of the above non-photo posts to a new thread for you so you can continue where this leaves off.

Sorry guys, got carried away!
Wolwerine 350, love the pic.(still laughing) When i grow up i want to post pics!

Perhaps the file type is invalid. These are the only types allowed for uploading: bmp gif jpeg jpg pdf txt

What is the name of the file you are attempting to upload?

Back