Photo seen at a museum

cornered rat

Saw an image made in New York City by Bernice Abbott in 1926, I think. It showed a pawn shop. Several glass cases were out in the street and the label on the nearest one said "Shotguns and rifles, $5". The price isn't noteworthy, but the fact that these apparently unsecured glass cases were in the middle of NYC is.

Yes, but NYC of 1926 is a different city from it is today. Old photos of gun collections of the '30s and '40s also make me weep. Firearms displayed prominently on racks along the wall. Glass cases for the finer shotguns or rifles. Trophy heads. Even up until the '70s a lot of sporting good stores sold wood gun cabinets with big glass framed doors. Today everything is in the safe.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

It isn't just there, fellas.

In the 1960s, we had the first ever serial killer in Perth. His name was Edgar Cook.

The police thought they had him located in a pine plantation just north of Perth -- and sent out an appeal to gunowners.

They formed a line abreast, all armed, just ordinary folk with shotguns and rifles, and walked through the plantation end to end. Television showed it live.

I'd like to see that happen today!!!

B

They formed a line abreast, all armed, just ordinary folk with shotguns and rifles, and walked through the plantation end to end. Television showed it live.

I'd like to see that happen today!!!

Well Bruce we may just "see" a version of that coming to a house near you !

They formed a line abreast, all armed, just Blue & Black uniforms.They formed a line abreast, all armed, just ordinary folk with shotguns and rifles, and walked through the street end to end. Television showed it live....
:(

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/

Back