Photo PA whitetail buck

Jack O'Conner

Billbuck2005.jpg

This is my 77 year old friend in eastern Pennsylvania. He nailed this 3 X 2 whitetail buck today with his 32 Special. One crack from his Winchester carbine toppled this buck in its tracks. Impressive performance for a so-called obsolete hunting cartridge.

Note the iron sights which Bill said he has never adjusted. It holds the same zero after all these decades. But observe his binoculars. Pennsylvanians have to counts points before shooting due to new antler requirements!
Jack

At his age, a deer cart would be a wonderful addition. I bought one after about killing myself with a one mile uphill drag last year. This year's "drag" was a delight even though the woods and briars.

I'm originally from PA and know about the antler restrictions. Those were the good old days for me.

Tell him Congrats

My first huntin rifle was a 32, still use it at times when I know I'll be in the brush.

That's very encouraging, good on him. But errmm, I'm 36, and I use a deer cart - maybe I'm just lazy. :dunno: Let's hear for the .32 special! Wow.

Back