Pheasant on TX gulf coast

PWK

Gosh I always thought that pheasant were kind of high plains game bird. Anyway, maybe it was open in the past, but I see from the TPW outdoor annual hunting guide that there are 7 counties on the TX gulf coast where there is an open season for pheasant. In fact my home county of Brazoria is one of them. The season is 11/3 thru 2/24. Pretty long season and daily bag is three cocks no hens.
Any of ya'll from SE TX ever shot any or even just seen any. I live kind of in the country on a couple of acres and have never seen one.

Never seen one. I know some places between here (Beaumont) and Houston raise them for hunts, but native pheasant?, not that in know of.

pheasant on coast?

I live in laporte and have hunted all over the marshes and southeast texas. There are no wild ones here. They are all pen raised ans it costs $140 for 6 birds to be released. I know because I have called up several of the places that advertize in the paper.The native wild birds are all up in the panhandle. sj

I thought all pheasants in this country were introduced in 1800's from China. If I'm not mistaken these pheasants in US are all actually Chinese Ringneck Pheasant.

Back