Persian Mauser

garryc

I have a Model 98/29 Persian Mauser Long Rifle, appears never having been fired, with a mint bayonet and frog. What would you guys think it's worth now?

Unissued, but with pitting where the barrel touched the crate. Also, no longer includes matching bayonet nor authentic sling. Still probably the finest milsurp Mauser available today.

If it is truly stone mint flawless, with matching bayonet, it
will bring $900 to $1000 on Gunbroker every time. Maybe
more now as I have not seen one in a while. But I am talking
looking like it came off of the factory floor. There are quite
a few of those out there as many of these guns were never
issued. They surface less and less as they eventually get
bought up by serious collectors.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone out there know where the Persian-contract guns came from, and how they wound up in the milsurp pipeline? Where they never delivered to the Persian government for some reason? :confused:

They were delivered and used. But not all. Some remained
in storage from day one and were never used. They were
eventually sold on the surplus market. SAMCO Global Arms
obtained the largest lot of them. They were manufactured
by BRNO in Czechoslovakia.

A little history here --

http://www.aliparsa.com/brno/brno.html

Interarms brought in thousands in the 1960's - Czech-made rifles, VZ-24's and Iranian made short rifles. Iran at that time had dreams of a Middle East empire but not a big enough army so they ended up with more guns than soldiers to use them.

(File under "the more things change...." department.)

Jim

well, it's unissued, still has grease in the mag well. Guess I'll sell it and the bayonet for that $600.

well, it's unissued, still has grease in the mag well. Guess I'll sell it and the bayonet for that $600.

At that price, I don't think you will have any trouble selling it. Try asking more; You can always come down, but you can't go up.:D

Persian Mauser bayonet frog

Hello,
I have one of these rifles and bayonets but I need a frog. Can you please post a pic of yours?
Thank you - Russ

Last edited:
Bayonet Frog

Hello,
I have one of these rifles and bayonets but I need a frog. Can you please post a pic of yours?
Thank you - Russ

I have never even seen a pic of the bayonet frog for the Persian 98/29 Mauser rifle bayonet.
I just bought a Swiss K-31 bayonet frog and put it on my Persian 98/29 Mauser bayonet. It was a perfect fit and must be very similar to the design of the original.
If anyone has a pic of an original Persian 98/29 Mauser bayonet frog I would like to see it. :D

Attachments

• Swiss%20K31%20Bayonet%20and%20Scabbard.jpg
    Swiss%20K31%20Bayonet%20and%20Scabbard.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 59
Back