Permits need for assault rifle in NC?

I am interested in purchasing an assault rifle in North Carolina. I have been trying to find information on the needed forms and applications for this tpe of purchase. if anyone has any info on this or could tell me where to work i would greatly appreciate the help. thank you in advance for any help

You will need a Background check, Finger prints, and time. By assault weapon I take it your talking class lll.........:D

Go to any gun shop! They should be able to provide the required forms.

If you mean the likes of your regular semi automatic Ar15 and so on there are no restrictions other than what you go with any other rifle.

The only permits needed in NC is for handguns, if you don't have a ccw license.

Are you talkin' honest-to-goodness assault rifle complete with "Da Switch" or are you talkin' assault rifle pattern firearms. Big difference betwixt the two.

jonedell@yahoo.com writes:

I am interested in purchasing an assault rifle in North Carolina. I have been trying to find information on the needed forms and applications for this tpe of purchase. if anyone has any info on this or could tell me where to work i would greatly appreciate the help. thank you in advance for any help.

----------------------

As indicated in other posts, it would be helpful if you PROPERLY specified that which you want to buy.

Assault rifles being capable of FULL AUTOMATIC FIRE OR BURST FIRE (MILTIPLE SHOTS PER TRIGGER ACTUATION) require a lot of state and federal paperwork, plus a written O.K. from your local police chief and the payment of a $200 transfer Tax, in addition to whatever the thing might cost, likely a whole lot. This assumes that civilian ownership of machine guns is O.K. according to existing state law, which it might not be to begin with. It's O.K. in some states, but not in others, I don't know about North Carolina.

Re firearms terminology, as with many other things, The Devil Is In The Details.

The correct terms for EBR's that are semi-auto only are listed below.

1. Sport Utility Rifle.
2. Riot gun.
3. *Insert other choice*

By using terms like "assault weapon", we help give people the impression that we only use them to violently assault people. I've had my AK clone for about 1 & a half years but have never shot anything with it besides 2 liter soda bottles.

Your new here so your forgiven.:)

Back