Permit to purchase weirdness

cornered rat

In MN, I need to get a permit to purchase handguns and semi-automatic rifles from Chief of Police. The process has taken a week, at most, in the past. This time, I got my HBAR just before the last year's permit expired. Turns out that was good thinking, as I still do not have a permit two and a half weeks after applying. Lovely. Can't help wondering if the local PD can't track paperwork or they are just holding up the permits. Will call them tomorrow, as their office hours do not allow me to come in person.

By the same logic, upping my stores of 9x19, .223 and .357 would be a good idea (.22, .32, .303 and .38 taken care of already). I am even wondering about picking up some .40 and 12ga just in case (those are local standard calibers for you know who). Nah, I am just being paranoid. All is well, I am so sure, and the delay is due to under-motivated clerks at the PD...

My granma used to say.."just because you are paranoid doen't mean that someone is not out to get you" (LOL)

I called and asked. The clerk just came back from a vacation and mailed the permit today. Now, had I wanted a handgun to keep a stalker at bay, the delay could have had more dire consequences. Forking paperpushers!

Back