Perfect Y2K Carbine/Rifle

FTG-05

I just bought and shot a new rifle/carbine I've yet to see much internet traffic on: The High Point 9mm Rifle.

This rifle cost me a total of $180 including the rifle $150 and an extra magazine ($20) plus tax. The rifle has excellent sights (a HK-type post and ring up front and aperture in the back) is made out of plastic, except for the action and barrel, fires 9x19mm (9mm Luger) ammo that is both very cheap and available (have you tried to order 5.56mm recently) and is dead reliable!

Between myself and two other guys, we've yet to have any type of failure to feed or to fire any type of 9mm round we could stuff into any of our three rifles.

Check it out; my prediction is that once people find out what a great deal this rifle, the price will go out the roof (and I am not a dealer!).

Regards,

Albin

[This message has been edited by Albin (edited March 31, 1999).]

I bought one of these neat little rifles about two years ago. Since then I have shot the heck out of it. I paid 129.00 for it then. I only wish that I could get some hi cap mags for it. Unfortunately I think it was produced after the ban. and none of the single column mags I have tried will fit. The trigger is heavy and gritty but what the heck it is alot of fun!!! I think this gun is worth every penny and more. enjoy the gun your friend Pickaxe

------------------

I bought one of these neat little rifles about two years ago. Since then I have shot the heck out of it. I paid 129.00 for it then. I only wish that I could get some hi cap mags for it. Unfortunately I think it was produced after the ban. and none of the single column mags I have tried will fit. The trigger is heavy and gritty but what the heck it is alot of fun!!! I think this gun is worth every penny and more. enjoy the gun your friend Pickaxe

No!
I never thought I would see the day...
"a HK-type post"
Refrencing how Hi-Point is similar to HK! It should be a LAW that these two brands should never be discussed in either the same paragraph written or same conversation spoken.

This has hurt my brain - I have to go lay down in a darkened room untill the pain goes away.

------------------
"Fear will keep the local systems in line..."

Kodiac,

Point taken! I just didn't know of a better way to describe the front sight!!

BTW: update on relability: I've had a couple of failures to feed since I wrote the post above. Of the three rifles, mine was the newest and it may just need more breaking in. Also, another person in my group bought one and he had zero problems with his. Hopefully, mine will work out.

Regarding the trigger: its pull weight is only exceeded by the length of pull!!! A friend of mine is going to work on his and, if successful, I'll do it to mine and report the results and process here.

Regards,

Albin

I was given one of these carbines by someone who really really really really hated it.

It looks really groovy...has a chromed forend. Straight out of Flash Gordon, and I'm talkin' the movie version made about 20 years ago with the Queen soundtrack. It even has a built-in laser under the muzzle.

Well I never shot the thing....although I do run around the house a lot pretending to be clearing my space station of replicants. ;)

Back