Pepper spray for my GF

MrDontPlay

I'm looking for some good pepper spray for my girlfriend. She goes jogging by herself on some local trails and I'd like her to have something to defend herself. I've been looking at the mace gun because of the LED light and the fact that you can practice with it. I've also been looking at the kimber thingys. Any advice?

Get a gun. Pepper spray won't do much. :barf:

Though the foxlabs look good.

Last edited:
Protection devices, chemical agent...

In general, I would suggest a Mk III or Mk IV size can of Peppergel; www.QMuniforms.com or maybe some fog or cone type chemical agent like First Defense 360 or Sabre Red, www.Policehq.com www.Galls.com .
A C2 Taser or EDW(discharge weapon) maybe a smart move too. The Taser X26c would be better but those weapons sell for $800-$900.00. :(
I'd avoid a small firearm unless she(or any other adult) gets the formal training & is fully aware of the use of force/firearms laws.
A small but loud alarm or alert whisle could help too. I put a bright orange police whisle in my first aid kit on my duty belt. I also packed a nickeled Acme police whistle from the UK on my keyring for many years.

I'd close by saying the main point is to find a defense weapon or system that SHE can or will carry. Something small lightweight but practical.

CF

She wont carry a gun, and she isnt old enough for a CCW permit. I think pepper spray is the way to go. I showed her the mace gun today and I think she liked the looks of that one, and the fact that you can practice with it. I look in to all the sprays suggested.

Back