pentax scope vs ar vs rings

captneil19

I bought a pentax 8x24 light seeker which I dearly luv that I put on a 6x284, that is so good made me buy one for my ar,which I had nothing but trouble with,i have the 6 lug type mounts, bored sighted it,went to my range it was off 4 high to left 4 ,no problem, the cross hairs moved but the poi didn't, several timesi tried it ,i sent back to pentax, they repaired sent back,wrong ,I sent back,i got it back an now at 100 yrds its shooting all over the place,they told me to bring it to a gun smith, in conversation I was told that the scope was sitting crooked in the mounts,an that it was not seated fully,that I need to buy a kit from natchez that shows you the high spots that needs to be filed down,also i was told that that scope might not work on that ar,is there anything to that,never heard of such a thing
I mounted a Nikon in the same mounts an fired 3 shots an it was zeroed at 100 yrds
I know inferior ammo will cause irratic shots, but all my shells are the same weight,an I use an electronic scale,and every 4 or 5 rnds I measure my oal to ensure im getting the same length
my rail is tight an the mounts
by the way it took pentax 3 times before they retuned it with the elevation an horizontal centered I don't know about the bullet drop comp. haven't got to that point

pentas vs ar vs rings

well I am happy to say scope is mounted,i watched my friend mount it,the same way i did it,the only thing different he checked to make sure the rings fit all the way around no spaces,we used a bsa bore sighter, ha the first time put the poi 8in. 0ff target,we backed up,second time gave us 6 in., third time put poi 1.5 high center,now can u figure that,loose fitting in barrel I guess, the bullet drop compensator is way off,@ 200 yrds its 4 in. from center,it should be right on,isnt that the purpose of it ??there be no long distance shooting with scope,it will be ok for someone who don't care an can live with that, probably put it up for sale in here
im happy I got it zeroed yeah!!!

Back