Pending Indiana Firearms Legislation

HB 1395, Mandatory Training;
HB 1285, Ammunition Regulation and Assault Weapon Ban;
HB 1459, Mandatory Storage and Removal of 18 year old's right to possess a carry permit.
HB 1382 which adds an additional 5% tax on all firearms returning 1/2 to the Indiana
General Fund and 1/2 to the district where collected for victims rights
funding.

The mailing address for house members is House of
Representatives, 200 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204-2786.

e-mail address for any representative is
r(your house district number)@ai.org

The toll-free telephone number for House democrats is 1-800-382-9842
for House Republicans it is 1-800-382-9841.

From ISRPA Message 99-2

Was wondering what the ISRPA is? And what comments you have on each of the bills.

HB 1395 - I am actually for some form of mandatory training for CCW permits. However, as I read the text of the bill, it would be up to each county to authorize the training. That is awfully arbitrary and could be used for no good ends.

HB 1285 - this one is just absoletly ludicrous, as it includes just about every gun out there except single shot, bolt action and pump action weapons.

HB 1459 - "in a location where the adult knows or should reasonably know that an unsupervised child is likely to gain access to and handle the handgun" and who will judge this. A jury of my peers or liberals.

HB 1382 - I am certainly against the tax, comming in a year after which we had a surplus I don't see how they can justify any new taxes.

You can access the full text of these bills at: http://www.state.in.us/legislative/bills.html

Thanks for the info...

Peace,
Keith

Kam
ISRPA Is the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. They are the ones host the DCM/CMP matches and all the other rifle/pistol matches.. Tons of fun...
Come on and join up.
www.isrpa.org
Patrick Graham
twotwothre@yahoo.com

Dug this old one up since the wife and I may very well end up living in IN within the next few years.

Can anyone from IN relate the status of these bills?

Thanks!

1395 - Handgun Safety (never made it past first reading)
1285 - Ban on Assualt Weapons (never made it past first reading)
1459 - Handguns and Children (never made it past first reading)
1382 - Firearms Tax (never made it past first reading)

All these were basically sent to committees after their first reading and nothing more done with them.

------------------
Peace through superior firepower...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

And Indiana is a "Class 3" state, if you dig full autos and can afford to buy and feed them.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Back