Pen Gun . Oldy

boatmonkey82

I was at my nieghbors house this afternoon pludering thru his toy box and found a very very old brass pen gun in a .32 . it has no markings . how would i go about finding out more about it with no proofs or stamps . i will uploads pics in the morning . I saw some on gunbroker but they were in the nfa section ? they are not considered class 3 are they ? i may have to umm work out a trade with him for that lil jewel

You didn't hear it here, but one of those guns, if not registered, should just wander off and get lost, permanently.

Jim

Yeah losing this one is a good idea.

Digging a hole and using a touch of thermite works well for these scenarios. I've know quite a few gun dealers who've bought SKSs and such at gunshows for dirt cheap to find out they've been made full auto. Best to just destroy them and don't remember what ever happened.

just don't do what this guy did

I was at my nieghbors house this afternoon pludering thru his toy box and found a very very old brass pen gun in a .32 . it has no markings . how would i go about finding out more about it with no proofs or stamps . i will uploads pics in the morning . I saw some on gunbroker but they were in the nfa section ? they are not considered class 3 are they ? i may have to umm work out a trade with him for that lil jewel

a yr or two ago my buddy emailed me an article about the guy who willingly handed in a WWII pen gun at an "amnesty" gathering where the cops were trying to get guns off the streets. Every person who willingly gave up gun at this event was free from any questions or prosecution and was given 50bucks for each firearm turned in. talk about gettin screwed! I think this was in Florida but I'm not positive.

i wonder how many of those guns go missing . i loose sleep and get sick when i hear of one of those going on . i just want to drive down and intercept every one before the turn them in . ooooooo im getting the shivers just thinking about that . thanks for bringing that up , im going home now:barf:

.32 caliber seems to be large for a pen gun as is the use of brass for one. However there is a Flare pen gun that looks to be about .32 caliber and is made of brass. Shoots ( what else ) pen flares. Used by military, issued to ( or was ) to air crews. Double check what you have.

Even though some of those things can be valuable and it's upsetting to think that they were destroyed, I can see the merit in these trade-in programs. They generally take place in areas that concern high gun crime and theft. Those are weapons that are potentially used in crime, generally collected from people who would never report them stolen or missing due to their own having them being illegal. I don't agree with the specimens being destroyed, but I agree with the slightly degree of safety that they offer to the area by removing those certain weapons.

I don't outright agree with it, but I see it's merit. Sorry for running off course.

The trouble is that a lot (some say the vast majority) of those guns don't come from potential criminals, but from widows and people who just don't want "that old gun" in the house. While many of those guns, like the general gun "population", are old and/or cheap (Iver Johnsons and H&R's turn up regularly), there are always Lugers, Mausers, Walthers, nice old Colts and S&W's and the like. Some of those are cherry picked by police officers, but many are simply destroyed by people who believe that any gun is a work of Satan and must be destroyed for the benefit of mankind.

Even more disturbing is that some cities have "no questions" policies that have allowed real criminals to dispose of murder weapons without questions, and get money for them to boot. Talk about insanity!

Another facet is that many of those programs are illegal in themselves. Who authorizes police to not enforce the law? Where does it say in the gun laws that it is OK to transport a concealed weapon if you think the right thoughts? Worse, who says it is OK for police or the "gun control" gang to take turn-in guns and sell them back on the street, as has happened repeatedly.

Jim

...Some of those are cherry picked by police officers...

You're right about that one. I've known several folks in law enforcement that have added to their gun collection from confiscated guns as well. It's amazing how the just disappear along with confiscated booze, and even drugs in some situations.

Where does it say in the gun laws that it is OK to transport a concealed weapon if you think the right thoughts?

+1 Jim

I can see it now:
"No Officer, I wasn't about to mug that old lady, I was bringing my (illegally concealed fully loaded) gun to the buyback program. :mad:

I have bought guns from cops who took them from buyback programs. They carried junk SNS's to add to the pile when they took something nice out. As long as the count stayed the same, the anti-gun freaks didn't care.

Jim

SigP6Carry

Even though some of those things can be valuable and it's upsetting to think that they were destroyed, I can see the merit in these trade-in programs. They generally take place in areas that concern high gun crime and theft. Those are weapons that are potentially used in crime, generally collected from people who would never report them stolen or missing due to their own having them being illegal. I don't agree with the specimens being destroyed, but I agree with the slightly degree of safety that they offer to the area by removing those certain weapons.

I don't outright agree with it, but I see it's merit. Sorry for running off course.

I can't argue with you there. The program is a good program in my opinion. I just hate to think of some antigunner turning in his GRANDPA'S WWII pengun! Of course thats speculation, but I can not get over that. I guess it was his choice and his reasons.

ALSO:

The trouble is that a lot (some say the vast majority) of those guns don't come from potential criminals, but from widows and people who just don't want "that old gun" in the house. While many of those guns, like the general gun "population", are old and/or cheap (Iver Johnsons and H&R's turn up regularly), there are always Lugers, Mausers, Walthers, nice old Colts and S&W's and the like. Some of those are cherry picked by police officers, but many are simply destroyed by people who believe that any gun is a work of Satan and must be destroyed for the benefit of mankind.

just my thought jim. you took the words right out of my mouth

I honestly can't blame a cop for preserving history in some of these situations but thats another can of worms

Magnum pen gun

You guys just gave me an idea...you know those great BIG pencils they sell in novilty store, or at state fairs..I'll bet you could make a steel one up in .45-70 or 28ga....gives a whole new twist on "pocket protector"!

I have the best idea yet . Im going to hold my own and personal parking lot program , Ill go buy about 1,500.00 in random gift cards and some bogus paper work . No telling what ill get in . lmfao . IM sure the local law enforcment would love that , but what could they do unless some were stolen and that would be the only issue .I remember back in high school i got taken down down for buying smokes ' dumb i know' but he never frisked me and i had this big buck knife in my pocket . well since they did not find it on campus the cop told me that if i DONATED it to the wake forest police knife fund the school would not know about it. I have NEVER given a knife away so fast in my life . but you gotta love that one ' ''the wake forest knive fund ''

Back