Pelican Case for optics.

JimDandy

My brother is looking to stick a Vortex 20-60 x 60 (or 80 not entirely sure which) spotting scope, the tripod, and a small pair of binoculars in a Pelican case. Does anyone have experience doing this? Which sizes/models did you end up using? The main dimension is probably the tripod at 22ish inches

He keeps wandering from store to store finding out no one carries that size in stock reliably. I'm hoping to find someone who's done it and can provide some model number(s) they went with. I'm dreaming someone will be able to post up a picture or two to show him.

He's being a bit of a pain in the butt because he won't follow my advice of just laying the stuff on a towel on his dining room table and measuring the three dimensions.

That would be my advise too. Have him go on the website. Id add 2" to the longest item the add the width of that to the width of the binoculars plus 3" then get a case with at least those interior demensions... I doubt many people here have bought a pelican case for to put those same 3 items in... he really just needs to measure.

Hardigg is another excellent choice.

BTW, why does he need such a case. I find that if this is for airline travel that it is preferable to make a kit bag. Mine is a Hardigg case that holds rifle, ammo, cleaning kit, bino's, range finder and spotting scope, if I remember right.

I have several pelican cases and I have never found their equal, not saying its not out there.

I have found the best place to order them is from B&H photo out of New York. They seem to have the best prices and their service is great.

Back