• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

peer review forum?

hologon

Peer review has always been a good thing and with the advent of the 'Net is a much easier thing.

On photo.net they have a "Neighbor to neighbor" section where you can list your experiences (good and bad) with any dealer or printer.

Maybe we could have a similar forum?

(Yes, this was sparked off by the post in Handguns about J&G and now I know where to stay away from!)

Thanks, everyone!

-Jon

:(
Smells like a can of worms to me!

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

I'll have to agree with George. It would devolve into a pissing contest. Some auction sites have rating systems, and they seem to be evenly balanced between "He sucks!" and "He rules!"

Give it a miss.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

*nod* That's true...

... but I _have_ noticed that the clientele here at TFL to be a good deal more polite and respecting than at many other forums.

Guess it's one of those concepts that's reasonable in theory but poor in execution.

-Jon

It works pretty well at BladeForums. Of course, the same rules apply to The Good, The Bad, The Ugly! as the other forums at BF.

Actually, I have seen some pretty petty discussions at some sites over stuff like this... some people/companies have fan clubs that would rather trash the competition than tout their own products.....

TFL has a simple solution:

If your experience is soooo incredibly good or bad that you feel like sharing: Just start a thread about it.

------------------
-Essayons

Back