Peep Sights ?

tahoe2

I love em, how bout you? I have peep sights on my Marlin in 375 Winchester, my Model 94 in 30-30, a Mojo on my German Model 98,
and an Arisaka Model 99 with a Lyman reciever peep sight. So what do you have? and how do you like it??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I installed a tang mounted peep sight and hooded front sight with changeable inserts on my Lyman Trade Rifle ( 50 cal. Muzzle Loader) Sights are a set made by Lyman for that rifle. Was having trouble seeing the full buckhorn sight due to the old eyes. Now I can ring the small gong at 100 yds on a regular basis. Got my eyes on an Marbles tang sight for the Henry.22.
Frequently use a Merit eye piece when shooting hand guns. Same idea.

attachment.php

Not only my Texan 30/30 but also my Ruger 10/22 and my M1 Carbine have apenditure sights.

Deaf

I have a Savage 99 with tang mounted peep sight and I put a peep soght on my Henry golden boy. I lovem

I'm a big fan of peep sights when scopes aren't wanted or needed. I have Williams receiver sights mounted on a vintage Remington Model 760, a Savage Model 99, a Ruger 10/22, a Marlin Model 39, a Winchester Model 94 and a Winchester Model 1886 "Extra Light Weight". For those wanting a larger opening ("ghost ring"), all you need to do on these sights is to unscrew the aperture.

There is nothing quicker to get on running game than a peep with a square top
blade front. Some guys like the Williams Twilight aperatures for hunting, but I
don't use one at all. I just use the frame. I'm a peep junkie, have them on every
thing from 22s to 12g Browning A5. Actually not crazy about the tang models
for running game. Most of mine are Lyman receiver sights on my levers and B/As
and the Williams Guide series on pumps and autos. Some of my older Rem pump
and Savage 99s have Marbels. I like to use the large disc / pin hole aperatures
for target, and standard for plinking.

I have a ghost ring on my tactical 12ga. It works for me on that platform. If I'm not using a scope, I prefer dovetail sights.

All of my center fire and 3 of my 4 rim fire rifles sport either receiver or tang peep sights.

06, .275 Rigby and .22 Hornet are wearing scopes, but all I have to do is pop the scope off and slide the receiver sight bridge into its base… already zeroed with the elevation stop screw….. and Bob's yer uncle ;)

I like the Williams FP with Target Knobs, like the FP-336TK, for my lever guns. Gives more flexibility for .45-70 shots.

Back