peep sight for a Henry golden boy ?

rebs

I am looking at buying a peep sight for my Henry 22 cal lever gun. The company makes two. one that mounts right in front of the receiver in the holes already drilled and tapped in the barrel and one that mounts on the rear of the receiver and the receiver has to be drilled and tapped. The one that mounts on the barrel would be about 4 to 5 inches further away from my eye than the one that mounts on the receiver. Is that going to be too far from my eye ? How far away from your eye can a peep sight be mounted ?

I have the one that mounts on the barrel and it works well. I just use a slightly bigger aperture to compensate for the greater distance from the eye. I believe the one on the receiver requires a higher front sight.

How accurate does it shoot ? What kind of groups do you get ? I am thinking about getting the same one because I don't really like a scope on a lever action. My eyes are not that good with iron sights.
Is yours the one that goes into the dove tail or mounts to the barrel with the screw holes under the original sight ?
As close as I can measure my eye would be about 13 iches from the peep sight with the one that goes into the dove tail. Just wondering if that is too far away ?

Last edited:
Groups? My indoor range is only 25 yards so I don't often take a rifle there. Never shot from a bench or measured groups with a micrometer, so all I can say is it works better for my eyes, looks better, and seems more rugged. Practical accuracy was fine with either sight, but it's easier for me to center the peep than the buckhorn.

do you have the one that mounts in the dove tail on the barrel or the one that goes on the 2 screw holes on the barrel ?

I have the Marbles Bullseye peep site on mine. It mounts in the dovetail where your rear sight is now. Just have to remove your rear site and replace it with new Marbles.

I bought the skinner that mounts on the barrel right in front of the receiver. I like it and I am shooting much better than with the Henry factory sight.

Back