Pedersoli Remington NMA

deerslayer303

I guess this post is gonna be short and sweet. I just want to know if anyone has sprung for one, your thoughts, and is it worth the premium price? I see it's a forged frame not sure about the barrel.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Deerslayer, I keep looking at those, and certainly Pedersoli are fine weapons. I have a couple of their guns. They say all the work has been done on them for accuracy, honed cylinder, trigger job, tight action and so on. That 1100.00 +price has just been too much for me. A Uberti that is accurized by a competent smith would not be that much.

They do look like a Nice piece for sure. And I'm with you on that price. I don't know if I want to spring for that. Maybe if I was going to convert it to a Cartridge revolver that forged frame (maybe the barrel too) would be beneficial. But then again you can buy an already converted NMA. I think buying a Uberti and a Trip to Goons would still be the way to go of you're just gonna keep it a cap and ball. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Hawg
Are they cast like Ruger Blackhawks? I have shot Blackhawks since the 60s and never had a problem with any of those revolvers.

I don't know who made the Lyman revolvers back in the 70s, but I shot mine for over 10 years and never had a problem. I think it's more important of how well a used gun was taken care of, not so much if it was forged or cast. JMHO

Back