Pedersoli Philadelphia Derringer?

Model12Win

Hey guys! I was at Cabelas yesterday and saw a small black powder pistol next to the usual Pietta cap and ball revolvers. It was a Pedersoli made Philadelphia Derringer, a repro of the gun used to shoot President Lincoln:

PH0913.jpg

It is a .45 caliber pistol, and man it looked very sharp and well made in person. Has a nice browned barrel and well inletted mountings. Very attractive wood that looked nicely checkered. It was a little high, about $400, but Pedersoli makes good stuff and I own their Harpers Ferry repro and love shooting it.

Any feedback on these little guns? I think it would be a fun little piece for range use and would consider carrying it for CCW as well (as a backup gun). Thanks! :)

I would be greatly concerned about whether it would be safe to carry capped and concealed, but I am a lawyer.

I've given several a look over before, and the ones I've seen were quite nice. One was very nice, actually.

At only $200 or $250, I'm sure I'd already have one.

But for what they're asking -- and for what you can do with it (gee, I dunno, plink a few shots at 10 or 15 yards, one at a time..) -- I have some difficulties justifying spending that $$$ amount.

Unless you value the history or novelty of the piece at $150 or so...

Then, it's likely worth the $$$, but that's just my opinion.

Tight groups.

Old No7

I was thinking I could have someone make me a holster that has like a thong or extension of leather that would sit between cap and hammer, but I'm not sure. I think it would make a cool BUG, but if it's not feasible than I would just use it at the range for fun. :)

Back