Pedersoli .36 mold

Deltadart

I just purchase a Pedersoli mold for Remington pattern .36 on Ebay, the mold is new. However it is very difficult to open and the sprue cutter is very stiff as well. I have not used it or even put lube on it as I am waiting to hear from the seller, who seems to be very ethical. Does anyone have any experience with these brass molds and is this a normal condition which requires a lot of cycling to break them in.?

Attachments

• Pedersoli mold.jpg
    Pedersoli mold.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 22
Not the Pedersoli .36 mold but other brass molds. Lube the hinge and sprew with bee's wax when hot. You will need something like welder's gloves when casting.

Dave
As I watched the NASCAR race yesterday, I opened and closed the hinge over and over and over, added a little turbine oil, continued that for most of the race. The mold started to work a little better. I continued for a while last night and it is much improved. I am going to clean it this afternoon with alcohol and then add the bullet lube as normal. Usually, I use my welding gloves for casting anyway but the handles on this one is very close, I do not think the heavy gloves will work as it is now. Some wooden extensions will help with the heat and the leverage.

The Pedersoli .36 mold will be perfect in a cased set and for smaller amounts of bullets.
Eras Gone has molds that cast period correct .36 chronicle, Richmond Labs and Colt that are better for higher production.

Dave
That is what I am doing. I have some walnut that will make a great pistol case for my Uberti .36 Remington, and the Pedersoli Remington pattern mold will be a great addition. Also, the Pedersoli conical bullet fits the profile of the rammer perfectly on my '71 pistol.

Fun project !!!

That is what I am doing. I have some walnut that will make a great pistol case for my Uberti .36 Remington,
I've been working on a similar project for a Colt Walker. I am converting and older Oak silverware case, build in come compartments and either line it with green or red velvet. I have a period correct cap-tin and my timing is bad as I sold a Walker=Flask about five years ago. These projects are fun to work on. ... :)

Be Safe!!!

Tried out the ammo from the Pedersoli mold today. The '71 Uberti Remington pattern likes the conical with 20gr Swiss 3F. Not so much for the round ball. I only had an opportunity for a few cylinders, but I like it so far. The RBs may need a little more push or a little less. Will back off a few and try again for tomorrow.

Back