Pedersen Model 1000 O/U...(Beretta by Mossberg)

Smitty in CT

I recently bought a 1973 - 12GA Pedersen Custom Guns Model 1000 Grade I Field Gun. The gun has 28" barrels choked MOD / FULL.

From 1973 to 1975, O.F. Mossberg & Sons imported a barrel and receiver from Beretta (BL-4) "in the white" and then added their own engraving and wood. These were supposed to be "custom guns at afforable prices", after two years, the prices were up near what the "high end" guns of the day were selling for and they couldn't compete....

I bought this one on-line from England and had it imported back here to the states, since I've had it back, I've found out that this gun was engraved by the master gun engraver, Angelo Bee.

Right_small.JPG

Left_small.JPG

R_Rec_Stock_small.JPG

L_Rec_Stock_small.JPG

Model_1000_small.JPG

Pedersen_Custom_Small.JPG

......See not all "Mossbergs" have to be ugly......

that's a mossberg I'd actually own.... coming from a beretta man:D

my buddy shoots a really nice sco perrazi that's imported by ithica.

Nice gun.

FWIW, Pedersen also imported a Spanish clone through Mossberg of the Perazzi O/U. It was made by the Aramberri family in Eibar. Had one,briefly.

Dave McC said:
Nice gun.

FWIW, Pedersen also imported a Spanish clone through Mossberg of the Perazzi O/U. It was made by the Aramberri family in Eibar. Had one,briefly.
I'll eventually pick up a 1500 (O/U) and a 2500 (SxS)... My next buy is going to be a Model 2000 SxS (also by Beretta), probably within the next month or two....

You're on a roll, Smitty. Do post pics when you get it.

One thing about this thread, it's nice to see something other than 870vs500 and tacticool sutff....

My 12-year-old son went on his first pheasant hunt this past Saturday with the Pedersen.

The hunt was put on by the state and was open to any kids that completed the Hunter's Safety course this year.

The hunt was at the Bozrah Rod & Gun Club in Lebanon, CT and dogs were provided by the American Hunting Dog Club... The fields were "stocked" before the kids went out.

We were teamed up with a 1 year old Brittany pup that was trying her best, she had a couple "misses" but finally got on point and the birds were flushed...

A great time was had by all.........

birds.jpg

Grif.jpg

Thanks, Smitty. You just made my day a LOT better.

Good luck to your son with his new shotgun.

You do realize you're not getting that back......

mwar410 said:
...and a new full length stock.
The original stock on the gun is a "full length" stock (13-7/8" LOP). Unfortunately, I have been blessed with "gorilla arms" and the original LOP "felt" too short to me, it doesn't interfere with shooting and my thumb doesn't hit my nose when I shoot, it just "feels" like I'm scrunched up on the gun. The spacer, that I made from a piece of walnut, is just about 1" and doesn't affect the Drop at all but brings the LOP to about 14-3/4". Plus, it can easily be removed....

Back