Paul Harrell has passed away

Pancreatic cancer is a rough way out.

I appreciated his clear and organized communication, without a lot of gratuitous or synthetic charisma that dominates a lot of gun video.

Over 2 million views in the past 19 hours for his farewell video. Friends and family are lost through the years and their images and voices fade. Paul videos will last for many lifetimes.

I never heard of him until I saw a similar post on another forum. I looked up his videos and most seem to be about home/self defense or modern tech/plastic guns none of which interest me. I did watch one video about old west guns against a block house which was pretty good. My best friend died of pancreatic cancer. It's not a pretty way to go. RIP Mr. Harrell. Your suffering is over.

Very sad news. Binge watched a lot of his Videos during the Covid. It was sad to see him going down hill in his more recent videos. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family.

He seemed to be in relatively good spirits during his last few videos. Something I'm not sure I could do.

Paul Harrell was a huge figure in the firearms community. His insights and passion will be missed. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

Very saddened to see this news, he was easily my favorite guntuber. I will continue to watch his brother Roy's videos but I have to admit, it just isn't the same without Paul and his unique sense of humor.

RIP

Always liked Harrel's material. He covered the bases of shooting with a wide variety of topics. Always concise too, a very clear and error free delivery.

Cancer et al is a terrible disease. Those that hold up to it bravely and with class have my respect and are heroic in their own right.

Back