Passed on 19 got 28 instead

ShooterJD

Inactive
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback on the high priced S&W 19, $550 for it way to much. I found a like new model 28-2 in excellent condition. Got it for $250.Any one out there ever send a gun to Weigand Combat in Pennsylvania for work on a revolver? I would like to get an action job and make the gun double action only.Thanks for all the replies. ShooterJD

I've got a Weigand-tuned Ruger SP101...really NICE!!! I agree with WESHOOT on the DAO thing...I'd leave the 28 alone in that regard...the action work shouldn't affect any future "collector's value", but rendering it DAO might...besides, since its kinda LARGE, what would be the advantage of doing that? I MIGHT could see it on a concealed carry piece or an LEO's duty weapon, for "liability" concerns, but...just not necessary on the Model 28, IMHO!!!....mikey357

DAO Highway Patrolman

I also think it would be a mistake to convert it to DAO. A DAO Highway Patrolman would have virtually no resale value. I believe Hoplite is selling 581's and 681's for $199- $219. That would be a terrific gun for DAO. Just my 2 cents.

Good choice on going to the M-28 rather than a high priced M-19.

I too would advise against DAO in the M-28. Collector/resale value aside, single action is a nice option and that revolver would gain little to nothing tactically in DAO. I think you'd eventually regret the decision and getting it back to original condition would be pricey. Besides, the old S&W double action is pretty good out of the box. Recommend you put that decision off and let time decide whether you want to proceed.

Good choice; the 28s are fine guns.
Please do not do the DAO to such a nice piece.

Nice choice; as the S&W N-frame model 28 is among my favorites.:D I too advise against making it DAO; as
I think this would be a mistake.:(:) It's OK to have
an action job put on your 28; as it should smooth up
really well.:D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Back