Parts interchangeability for Turkish shotguns

BeeKay

I bought an RIA / Derya / Lion X6 about 5 yrs ago.
It's sort of a tactical 18" barrel with a pic rail and a brake on the muzzle.
I like the way it operates, and I have no complaints other than parts non-availabity.
The guy who sold it to me said he has a shipping container full of parts, but when I asked him for something he doesn't have it.
No big deal, it was cheap.
I bought another RIA / Derya Lion with a 28" barrel, and the operation is similar in some ways, then in other ways, completely different.

My question :
Does anyone know if these guns are a clone of another gun that's produced elsewhere ?
It seems like their operation and design is closest to CZ,
With a gas piston / spring system that is surrounding the magazine tube .
But the two RIAs that I have use different diameter pistons and the bolts and firing mechanism are slightly different as well.
So they aren't even a 'Clone' of each other LOL
No TRUE parts interchangeability.

Just asking around - Thanks for any assistance

Some Shotguns Groups throw shade at Turk gun owners...
Hopefully, I'll get some friendly advice here

Last edited:
i have the lion with pic rail and extended mag tube...got it to stay in the ranger and that is where it lives...along with heavy turkey loads and coyote load shells

you are right it was cheap and works quite well

mine came with a pistol grip stock.....it just felt wrong to me on a shot gun so i started looking to change it out and found a lot of parts on numeric(spelling) arms.....they have stocks and other stuff too.....you might want to check them out

i kinda thought all the parts were the same too..well for the same brand anyway....the stock i bought went right on no problems

hope this helped and you find the parts you want or need

ocharry

The Turks seem to cycle through shotgun designs quickly and importers come in and go out of business fast.
What's imported today is made differently and imported by someone else so fast it's hard to keep up.

The guns may be very similar, but the designs change according to the manufacture updating and the importer asking for changes to use as selling points.

For these reasons, getting parts is very questionable, and a possibly better answer is to buy two of them and rob one for spare parts as needed.
Pricewise this may work due to the usually low price of the guns.

The only other options are to try to track down the importer and ask about parts or service, and to look at sources like Gun Parts Corp and hope the parts are compatible with the version you have.

Depends on the maker and who they made guns for - S&W had AKUS make their Elite Gold SxS for a while and when S&W stopped, their line was picked up by Cabelas as the Dickinson; well made guns and great results

Turkish shotguns

I had an old gunsmith tell me:
"If you buy a Turkish shotgun and it works and you like it go buy 2 or 3 more because after a year you won't get parts because their designs change so often and rarely have parts interchangability."

Thanks for the interesting replies, guys
I've used the strategy of buying extras, but still the parts aren't interchangable.
Oh well
If one of them fails, I'll just grab one of the others.
They all seem to be reasonably good quality and I'm not seeing that they'll be wearing out soon,
and I'm enjoying them.
The gas operated system does a lot to cushion the recoil, and they feed my handloads reliably.

It would be good to find someone who's familiar with the various designs, to compare notes on them.

This is why you buy a Beretta, Browning, or Fabarms/Guirini.
Or maybe an old Ithaca or Winchester Model 10 or Remington 870
Maybe it's a Benelli/Franchi (now owned by Beretta)

So you can get parts in 20, 30 or 70 years.

70 years? My Ithaca Model 37 is 70 years old and still works as well as the day it was made. And I can still get parts from Ithaca.

Finding parts for a "Turkish" gun... you need to find the company in Turkey that made the gun. They are then imported by different outfits in the US, and often to different specifications to meet price points.

CZs are made by Huglu
Tristars are made by Kayman Armsan, as are some of the Weatherbys
Yildiz are made by Yildiz, and their Prostar line is impressive
SKB are now made by Akus and Adkus, a couple of the top companies. I think a few of the custom outfits source from these places.

Turkey has a long tradition of firearms manufacture. Their economy is a shambles, and a factory worker's pay in American dollars. The Lira was $0.84 in 2008. It's $0.031 now.
The lira has fallen by a factor of 27! The skilled factory workers make pennies. You might say that's a crime, or you might help em out by buying their products while you can at that bargain price.

When I buy a gun from a small importer, I've learned that the warranty and service is only as good as the importer, but the company being imported matters, too.

When H&K US went under, the lifetime warranty on their Fabarms shotguns vanished. But Ceasar Gurinni and Fabarms are too good not to have a presense in the US, so FabarmUSA was quickly formed to grab that market. But we're talking about top money for top quality shotguns.

When buying a $400 shotgun, think of it as a disposable.

Disposable, Well put!

I once bought a Charles Daly NRA Diamond edition O/U shotgun. It was quite a good gun, unfortunately made of 100% unobtainium.
Charles Daly went bankrupt between the time I placed the order, and the gun arriving at my LGS for transfer. It is important to remember that a lifetime warranty has nothing to do with your own lifetime.
A lifetime warranty may be useful if the company is still in business. Interestingly enough Charles Daly is still around selling cheap guns. The Daly guns from 30 years ago were very high quality. Today they are not even a shadow of what they once were. Buyer beware. Interesting how the laws today allow them to continue to operate under the same name (and ownership) yet deny those warranties. I care not, sold that gun a very long time ago. it is the principle that our laws somehow allow this practice. Whomever owns that gun has learned that there are zero available parts and repairs.

Back