Parts identification

jibec sales

Inactive
Hello, and just curious about 2 parts I have found in my store. Don't know what year I accumulated these any ideas let me know I don't want to tell someone what it is and find out I am wrong. I assume the one is a firing pin but what too I don't know. The other rod I have no idea.

Attachments

• list.jpg
    list.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 154
  • list2.jpg
    list2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 144
Top one os a shotgun choke wrench not sure on the bottom. Need something in the picture to show the size and length

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

What's the length of the rod in the second picture? Looks like it could be a shotgun plug.

Last edited:
The top pic is a mag release for some gun, (cant place it, but Ive seen it).
Second pic is a mainspring rod for a model 60 Marlin.

A shotgun choke wrench the top one ain't. I'm thinking slide release for a shotgun. Doubt the other is a firing pin. Hordes of assorted stuff has parts like that.
Oh and my whole apartment is full of stuff I have no idea where it came from, never mind what it is. snicker.

I think one winner is the guide rod for mainspring

Now that you mention it I think it is a guide rod for a mainspring. I will have to measure to see if it is a marlin 60 or not but thank you. That is a winning answer lol. The first pick is not a choke wrench. No idea what but not a choke wrench. I can't find a shotgun that has the part for latch that looks like that.

My Beretta O/U shotgun has a similar wrench -- a choke wrench for 12 and 20 ga and an extractor for stuck cases.

If the two were together the rod may be an auto safety- load the gun and it goes on safety .Those of us who don't like that feature can simply remove the rod ! To remove the auto safety on a Ruger it must be sent back to Ruger !
Otherwise it's probably a guide rod for a spring !

Can't find the rod but the tool is here ! :p
My "multi-purpose tool " , one end ground for a screwdriver, wrench for 20 and 12 ga chokes, drift [punch ], two shot shell extractors, 20 and 12 .Total length 5". :)

Last edited:
Back