Parts for Deane, Adams & Deane?

Ryden

Inactive
Hi!
I have a DA&D 38b hoster size revolver lacking a heap of parts.
Anyone have an idea where one kind find spares for these guns?

The only source I've found this far is E J Blackley & Son who has some trigger guards, but they no longer return my emails. (And I thought that I was so polite :confused:) Maybe they're busy as bees trying to make out the measurements I sent them, I hope so.

Cheers!//A

Last edited:
I know of no source in the U.S. for those parts, and I doubt that they would be available elsewhere. As to making parts, or having them made, even if you could locate and buy an identical gun for use as a pattern, having parts made would be so costly as to be not economically feasible.

I am afraid you have a wall hanger.

Jim

I shouldn't say it's as bad as that Jim, a new cylinder arbor can be easily cut on a lathe and a crude arbor retaining spring replacement can be done with a piece of spring steel and two screws.
I've already bought trigger and main springs from Dixie Gun Works that I am fitting at the moment which leaves the trigger guard (that hopefully Blackley & Son can provide) and the spring safety, and that I can be without.

So I fully expect to be able to shoot it, even if it won't look like it did in 1851.

Anyway, here it is with a NMA for comparison
30iuhkz.jpg

Back