Part of Clinton Gun Bill Praised by NRA

Joseph

The following is an excerpt from a story on ABC News:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/clinton_guns000118.html

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Fighting for gun control has been a staple issue for the Clinton administration, often raising the anger of theNational Rifle Association. But Clinton’s latest foray into the gun issue was designed to satisfy a major NRA request — that the federal government spend more to enforce existing gun laws.

“We’ve been begging for this for three years and I’m tempted to declare it a victory,” Wayne Lapierre, executive vice president of the NRA, told ABCNEWS’ Good Morning America.
“Before I do, this is something the administration has dismissed several years as a cookie-cutter approach to solving crime. While I applaud what they’re doing and they seem to be embracing it, I want to look real hard on this to make sure they really have a change of heart and will make this a way of life.” [/quote]

On other news, the Supreme Court upheld the right to keep guns away from those convicted of domestic violence.

Film at 11

Greetings,
Personally, I do not consider increased funding for the BATF a victory. The Federal Government does not need to spend more money to fight crime. They definately have more than they need....way more. It's like throwing more money at the public school system because the teachers are doing such a lousy job. "Here's a big pay raise for your lackluster performance." "Heres some better record keeping equipment to help you track legitimate gun transfers" This is a victory?
Maybe I'm just over reacting....yeah that's it. Bill Clinton & all his "friends" don't want MY GUNS. Oh no, the Constitution strictly forbids that. They are only after "other" guns. Ones that "might" be used in a crime someday...you know, like somebody elses guns....not mine.
I appologize for the rave. This is a handgun board after all, not some crazy freedom loving political sight....right?
Best to all.

------------------
"Keep your head down and your powder dry"

I for one would rather the 22,000 some odd law already in existance enforced... than two or three more proposed.

It is two-fold:

1. Enforce the laws.
2. Keep our rights.

They should not contradict each other.

Erik

Back