Part Identification Help

goatowner

Inactive
I found this small steel pin in the bottom of my pistol safe, and am concerned it came from a firearm and I now have an unsafe situation. The pin measures 0.124" x 0.350", and is black steel with a few knurl/burrs for what seems like retention. Pics attached.

The two pistols that have been in this safe are a Glock 22 (40cal) and a Beretta 92FS (9mm).

If anyone can help me identify if this pin can be from one of those pistols I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 2020-09-03 08.49.39.jpg
    2020-09-03 08.49.39.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 109
First thing that makes me think of is a mag ejection button. But, that would be pretty obvious if that was missing.

Do your 2 pistols operate normally?

I haven't fired them since finding that pin, but as close as I can tell I can't find anything wrong. Slides rack smoothly, mags stay in and pop out as they should.

I'm sure someone will come along that knows those 2 guns inside and out and will look at that pic and say 'that is....'

Best advice I can offer is to look up exploded diagrams for your guns and see if that part has a match.

[edit] I sympathize btw. I found a tiny screw in front of my safe the other day. Kind of disturbing.

If its from one of those guns, my guess would be its from the Beretta, and its the firing pin block spring pin.

Looking at my FS, its the only pin I can see that it could be. It mikes pretty close, for not being able to actually measure it without drifting it out and doing a little math (0.10x0.40)

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/beretta/92/parts-list-92

#54 in the diagram.

If you look at your gun, its the hole in the slide just forward of the rear sight.

Back