Parrie Dog dance

JHS

Long story short. My son spotted two dogs,shot from the back of the pickup using a Mini-14,stock.

Well this dog fell over,stood up,wiggled,fell over,stoodup,wiggled fell over and finaly got to it's feet and slowly crawled to the hole.
Funnest thing I have seen. Buck and I figured he just gave the dog a hair cut and shockwave got him.

Stay safe.
John

:eek:
mg.gif

[Edited by muleshoe on 01-09-2001 at 07:55 AM]

Boys/girls...

the p-dog wasn't hit! I have shot enought with a 22lr to know a hit. No blood,tissue.
Tuff room.

Can't get no respect.

I am for ethical hunting and providing a good example for youth. Still, I doubt that a prarie dog hit with a .223 round would behave as described.

Regards to all.

Did you hit low maybe? We used to shoot whistle pigs (ground squirrles in ID) with our 10/22's. If you'd hit low and spray dirt/sand in their faces they'd do wierd things, running around in circles looking for thier hole, or just strait out make a run for it across the prarie.

You guys are cruel! Sick, sick, sick, I say!

Ya oughta trap them--humanely--and then tie 'em to a tree for coyote bait.

It doesn't take *near* as many coyotes to make a nice jacket.

:), Art

I've seen critters do similar things. I had about 7 groundhogs in my backyard in the beginning of the summer. Now I'm down to one. Anyway, I shot one of them (.22lr)and the screwy thing did a flip. He landed, paused, and ran back to his hole despite being hit with two addition well placed shots. Tough lil bugger.

Back