parks rule- contact obama administration

wayneinFL

I haven't heard anything from the NRA, but the gun control groups are mobilizing to fight the parks rule, so we need to let the administration know how we feel about it as well.

Here's a link: http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/

From my email:

Dear Member of States United & HCGV,

As you remember the Bush Department of Interior changed the regulations to allow loaded guns in national parks. A lawsuit was brought by the National Parks Conservation Association, park rangers and Brady. The judge ruled in their favor and put a temporary hold on the regulation. The Obama administration has until April 20th to get back to the judge and decide whether they will rethink this regulation.

The National Parks Conservation Association is asking people to send comments to the Obama administration this week. They have made it easy for people to do that by setting up something on their Website http://act.npca.org/campaign/gunsrule/ All you have to do is to direct people to this Website. They are asking all of us to help. For your information, the request for help is below.

Thanks for your help with this!!

Barbara

Barbara Hohlt
Executive Director, States United to Prevent Gun Violence
bhohlt@supgv.org
behohlt@yahoo.com
212-995-2297
646-594-8956 cell

mods, I put this in general discussion to get maximum exposure, but feel free to move this to L&P, if you want.

Last edited:
Same here. Turned that puppy around into requesting positive support. Made sure I unchecked the 'receive newsletter' box though for sure.

My meager contribution:

Don't forget to change the subject to something appropriate to our side!

I support self defense in national parks!

President Obama:

I urge you to respect the right of Americans to protect themselves in National Parks. Firearms by themselves hurt no one, and require an ill intent to cause violence to another person.

Those people with ill intent to cause violence, are quite unlikely to be deterred by a rule stating "you can't have your gun here." This is quite simply demonstrated by the number of school and "gun free zone" shootings we've experienced in the last 15 years.

Leave the National Parks regulations alone. This regulation change is in the best interests of the American People and they worked hard to get it in place.

Lets see, National Parks are filled with bears cougars bobcats and god knows what else for wildlife that looks at you like we look at a deer (dinner) why wouldent you want to bring a weapon with you

Back