Parkerizing

slickpuppy

I was browsing through Brownells and found they have a product for sale called Amer-lene that can re-parkerize the finish. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, Have you tried the predip solution that will give you a black parkerize finish? I was interested in trying it with some Glock slides and possibly some AR barrels I have. I spoke with one of Brownells tech people and he said he had used it with good results. Thats one person and if any of you have experience with it or any other parkerizing finish I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Slickpuppy, I haven't used it but I've found that anytime I try something new from Brownells it comes with great instructions and if I have problems with it the tech support staff can always help. George

I'm given to understand while Brownells sells good stuff, they're not cheap. The parkerizing solution may be bought as a concentrate or a ready to use. I believe the Brownell's is a ready to use - which makes it more expensive. Shop around if you're serious about parkerizing.

Gary,
Yes, I agree with you on the cost of Brownells. Fortunately I get the dealer discount so the 3 solution, ready to use Amer-lene concentrate would run around the $40 - $45 range. That is still a savings compared to $40/slide that Glock charges and substantially less than what Glockworks charges at around $120/slide.

You might try Ivan Harlow at jeantarter@uswest.net He has had some experience with Brownell's parkerizing solution.

Back