ParaUSA ads getting Smarter!

Tom2

Looking at the ParaUSA ad in American Rifleman, for their .45's. At the top is a picture of a red phone and the text underneath- "In her heart she believes that you should not own a handgun to protect your family. Do you really think that she will answer the phone at 3 AM when the home invasion thugs are trying to break down your door?" Pretty spicy stuff for a well known maker of pistols, I think. Not a product endorsement by me, but I am suprised that at this stage of the game a maker is appealing to political attitudes in their ads, or addressing it at all. Just next we'll see if they take an obvious whack at any other candidates, the ones more likely to get the "job".

If I'm not mistaken, Para is a company from Canada. It is my opinion they should keep their mouths shut, even though I agree with the ad.

Well I thought so too, but those folks have never seemed reticent to stick their opinions in our politics, usually on the sinister side. But ParaUSA is listed as being in Ft. Lauderdale. I can't see the guns well enough to see if that is stamped on them or some other country...

That is well targeted ad - A lot of guys forego buying a gun because their woman won't have it around. It becomes an object that can create intense strain on a relationship (depends on the woman, but it happens). The ad also appeals to the emotions (very important when dealing with people, especially women).

I thought it was a witty ad. Just because the company is based in Canada does not mean they don't value freedom. We are facing the same political battles that the Canadians seem to have (hopefully temporarily) lost.

You can bet the marketing copy is not written in Canada. Remington has some similar 'alarmist' copy in their current catalog, too.

Back