Parallax with holographic sight

steelbird

I've obtained a holographic sight to use with my Micro Bull barrel Buckmark. I've never worked with a red dot or holographic type optic before. At what range does parallax become an issue?

Red dot & Holographic sights should never have a parallax issue. Its their greatest strength.

What takes some getting used to is the dot "floating independently of its frame" a normal effect. In use the dot must be on the target, where it is in the frame is not important as its "projected" out to infinity & the frame is at 18" or so. Because of this the dot seems to drift about randomly. Just learn to look through the glass not at the glass.

If you do it just right (with both eyes open) the dot will seem to be "out there in space".

Just stay away from low-end optics. .... !!!

Red dot & Holographic sights should never have a parallax issue. Its their greatest strength.
That is generally true and then one day, one of our FL members mentioned that it is possible. I own a number of these optics and to date, I have only had one that presented this problem. It "was" a low end RedDot and this time, I got what I paid for. I will not mention the brand but suffice to say, it was really, low-end. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

These are optics

What specific optic are you referring to?
Red dot & Holographic sights are still classified as optics. The ones that I would refer to, are the low end, in quality and price. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Back