Parallax Adjustment for Weaver K2.5

HerbG

I have an old (circa 1970) Weaver K2.5 scope. I seem to recall there is a way to adjust for parallax on Weavers, but can remember the procedure. Can anybody help?

Take the knobs off the turret. Under the knob s are two screws. Loosen all the screws a turn and then sighting through the scope at the range you want to be paralax free tap the turret forward a little and check to see if paralax increased or decreased. To check for paralax move the eye off centerline and see if the image moves opposite of the direction you move your eye or the same way. If it moves the same way you are focused long. If it moves opposite then you are focused short. Keep moving the turret in small incerments until all paralax is removed at that distance and tighten the four screws and re-enstall the knobs. Now having said all that I wonder why since the optical error of a 2.5X far exceeds the paralax you will encounter

Gale,
Many thanks for the reply, and your well-written explanation certainly jogged my memory. I'm hanging on to the old K2.5 since it has my favorite reticle - post and crosshair. Not many of those around anymore. I want to mount it on a .22 sporter and the
parallax appears significant at 25 yards where I want to zero it. Thanks again!

Back