para-ordnance reliability

sharp117

Inactive
I recently bought a para-ord p-14 .45 lda.It shoots great when it isn't jammed up.This particular pistol tends to lock a round between the bottom of the barrel ramp and the slide 2 or 3 times per mag.It has done this with every magazine I've tried,and functions even worse with hollowpoints.I sent it back to para-ord yesterday so they can take a look at it.Can anyone give me any feedback on past experiences with para-ord guns,or repair dept.By the way I am new to the whole computer thing,so please forgive any errors.thanks in advance.

That's not normal. My P12 is very reliable with both factory hicaps & Promag 10 rounders. Insist that the factory/dealer repair or replace.

I experienced similar cycling malfunctions when I first got my P10 a couple of years ago. After about 50 rounds or so, it cleared up and I haven't had any more problems. Too bad you had to sent the P12 back, but you did the right thing. Hope you get it worked out soon - let us know...

------------------
...save the 2nd. No fate but what we make...

The FBI SWAT Teams (Hostage Rescue Teams ) used to use the .45ACP Para Ordnance pistols but has droped them because they found them to be unreliable under combat conditions.

I have had four Paras, and one CST from Cylinder & Slide. The CST was perfect, my first P12 was great, but the P13 and the P12 Limited I had both had all kinds of problems. It seems to me that the earlier models were a bit better, but maybe I just had bad luck.

Mark

------------------

[This message has been edited by mark lee (edited January 05, 2000).]

A friend of mine is a cop in Houston. His duty piece is a P-14, and he has never said anything but positive comments about it.

Sharp, I think it sounds like the extractor in the gun might be TOO TIGHT.
This is the BIGGEST problem next to 1911s' magazine feed lips being out of spec.
Should be 100% when you get it back.
Would take about 5mins to fix ! ;)
Come down & chat with us Para/1911 nuts at.....

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Some good ones, some not so good.........

Take HS's advice.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Back