Para Ordnance questions

JWR

I was looking around at the 14 & 15 rnd mags for a P14, and came to the realization that for around the price of one mag I could get a match grade barrel instead. Is anyone else out there wondering how stupid they'll feel if they buy a few mags for over $100 a pop and this coming year's Legislature and White House overturn the crime law that banned the manufacture of original capacity magazines?

I did have a real question. I'm looking for a recoil reducing guide rod, (to go along with a match barrel) but so far my searches have been thwarted by my lack of internet prowess. Do any of ya'll use them, and if so, what's a recommendation? Second, will I actually see a fair difference in accuracy using a drop-in match barrel? I'm not really stingy, but over $100 to reduce groups by 1/4" at 25 yds ain't really appealing to me.

I don't have a barrel in mind but if you want a source for parts, contact Brownells. They have barrels, shock absorber type recoil rods, rubber shock buffers that go on the rod (tried those, love them) and more.

http://www.brownells.com
(641) 623-4000 order line

Last I heard it was $5.00, but it was worth it. Mine is on lone...... Call or order the catalog online. Enjoy.

Save your money

For magazines and buy a Dwyer Group Gripper assembly. Brownells has the one with the full length guide rod (two piece) which is a drop in part. Barrels, to show any improvement, must be fitted. This part solves your guide rod appetite plus acts like a fitted barrel.

For those not familiar, the Dwyer Group Gripper has a new link with a spur of metal in the front edge. A leaf spring in the guide rod end (its a strong onefor its size) catches this spur on the links pivot up. As the spur is on the front side and the rotation of the link is forcing this side down, the spring resists this motion and results in a net upward thrust on the link, forcing the lugs as far up as possible.

I have such a P-14 and with the trigger job (recommended), it will put my favorite load of a 200 gr Hornady HP at 1100 FPS+ (don't ask, I won't tell)into a tight 2" group at 25 yards. I use a 18 lb Wolff spring with this setup.

Back