Para-Ordnance question

Does anyone have, or has anyone worked on, a Para-Ordnance P18.9?

A friend has told me that he's certain Para-Ordnance used the same breechface cut for their 9mm, .38 Super, and .40 S&W pistols. I can understand the first two being the same, but running both of those "calibers" through a 1911 cut wide enough for .40 S&W seems to me a bit of a stretch. I know for a fact that Caspian uses three breechface cuts: 9mm/.38 Super, .40 S&W/10mm, and .45 ACP.

I'm trying to confirm this. I don't have access to a P18.9. My friend is a few thousand miles away and doesn't own a caliper, so I'm casting about for alternate ways to confirm or refute this notion.

Does anyone know?

Not sure what thread you have in mind at 1911Forum.com, since your link takes me to their forum index page. I've seen that page on the Sarco site. It also includes the statement:

NOTE ON PARA SLIDES : 9mm, 40 S&W, & .38 Super slides are interchangeable. They all use the same breech face.

I think the reason they sell different slides for 9mm and .40 S&W is that they are mostly selling older, early slides, and those are typically rollmarked with the model number (i.e. P12.45, P15.40, P18.9).

The reason I'd like confirmation is that I would like to set up a Para-Ordnance .40 S&W slide with a 9mm barrel. But I'd like some assurance that it will function.

Back