Para-Ordnance P1445 opinions

Parke1

Well,

I just came across some unexpected money, and I have the opportunity to buy a stainless nib para ordnance p1445 for $585. So tell me, is this a good deal? I've had a hankering for a 1911 for quite a while, and this seems to fit the bill. So, does anyone have any pros/cons for this gun? If I decide to buy it, I'll be buying it one week from tomorrow.

Thanks,
Parke1

I have a stainless P13.45. Same thing, but a little smaller. I love it. It's a little heavy to carry regularly, but it packs 13+1 rounds of .45 into a gun the size of a Glock 23 (for you, 14+1 into a gun the size of a Glock 22). While the grip is a little thick, it doesn't bother me. It's reliable and accurate, and my only complaint is a few spots on top of the gun, right on the centerline.

Regarding the price, make sure yours comes with hi-caps. They're not cheap (usually 70-90 bucks). Mine came with one hi-cap, and a coupon for 2 more at 50 bucks each. Beware of the 10 rounders; for that you might as well get a single stack.

love mine

I love my stainless P14-45. Sounds like a good price. Since it's NIB, does it come with the coupon for 1 or 2 "high cap" mags from the factory? The one modification I made to my P14-45 was replacing the plastic mag catch with a stainless one. You can order them right from PO's web site. Also, I bought a generic ten round mag and it wouldn't lock back the slide after the last round. I exchanged it for a ten rounder made by PO and have never had that problem again.

Stainless is beautiful, durable and easy to clean. With 14 plus 1 rounds, I love my P14-45. It actually felt better in my hands than the single stacks I picked up when shopping around.

Back