Para-Ordnance On the brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm27

Inactive
Ok have a glock 30 & H.K. u.s.p. .45.
Like my combat .45s
Now I'am really liken the feel of the Para 14
limited. I'am going to try to check one out this week and put some cash down.
Can anyone tell me what I might expect to experience I'am familiar with 1911s a Colt 9mm I owned some 20 years ago.
From a rest say 75', can I expect better groups than my H.K.?
Looking forward to an adjustable sight also.

This must be my last .45
Well maybe.
Thanks for any input.
I read alot of the posts here and really injoy this sight.Always willin to learn new things. Thanks again and be safe. Mark.

Have a P-14 Limited. It is extremely accurate and pretty. As for problems, I've only had 2 minor ones. One mag would not feed the last round, but a Wolff replacement spring took care of that. Also while I was shooting, the blade of the rear adj. sight came flying off and beaned me in the melon. Sent it back and they fixed it, no charge and had it back in less than a week. Overall very pleased and there are ample, though a little costly, pre-ban mags out there to be had. Have also heard of the full length guide rods breaking on the early models, but no problems with that here. If you need any more convincing, check out the Para Fan club board.

You should enjoy the Para a bunch. Since I got mine, the IPSC Gold Cup has only been used by a friend of mine when he flies into town & we go shoot a match together. Common problems with the Paras are the rear sight loosening up in the dovwtail, and the last round not feeding from the mag. Last round can be fixed by bending the front of the follower & mag spring down at the top coils of the spring. This can happen well into the life of the mag. Problem is caused by the high nose of the follower making the front of the last round sit too high in the mag. With the nose high, the head is low & the slide will go over the top without picking up the round. Another thing I like about the Limited is the dovetail front sight. Find myself looking for sight configurations that I can pickup easier & more quickly. It's nice to change myslf. Hogue makes a real fine wraparound rubber grip with finger grooves that feels real good. Will have to take away some grip material (plastic above the tab on the righthand side) so the long finger of the ambi safety can move freely. This is real easy to do. I'm a Para bigot & don't understand why there's not a lot more on these discussions about them. Are their distributors doing that lousy a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back