Para Ordnance misfire

KITT

I bought a USED Para Ordnance P-12 Limited pistol. Before I shot it I took it apart and cleaned it and put a long Dlask trigger in it. When I took it out and shot it today I was getting very light primer strikes and some misfires. What have I done????

You've probably set the over travel screw in the trigger face too tight. The trigger will then go back just far enough to trip the sear, but not enough to lift the firing pin safety plunger out of the way. The firing pin is probably forcing it's way past the plunger, losing energy in the process. Back off the screw to check this. On guns with Series 80 style safety parts it takes a lot more work to set the over travel "short."

Kitt, unless you did as BBBBill suggested you didn't do anything else to cause a misfire by merely installing the trigger. I'd think the pistol was probably doing that before you bought it. This could stem from several causes from needing a stronger mainspring to bad headspace. If you back out the screw and it still gives you problems I recommend a trip to your local smith. If you don't have anyone near you feel free to e-mail me. George

I went back in and took the Dlask trigger back out and it has a tab to bend out a little as an adjustment to dis-engage the firing pin block.....Learn a new trick every day THANKS

Back