Para Ordnance LDA

e'ville

I'm interested in comments on the .45 and .40 LDAs. Are they reliable and accurate? Can the trigger be lightened? Any major gripes? Thanks.

i have a new P12.45 LDA.

it doesn't shoot to where the sights point, but it does shoot quite reasonable groups. the windage should be no problem at all to correct since the rear sight is in a dovetail. it's shooting quite a bit low, which will be a bit harder to fix :) in any event, it's pretty easy to adjust the sight picture & shoot plenty well.

i have only shot a few hundred rounds through it so far. so far it has worked perfectly with ball & hydrashocks. it really doesn't like SWC bullets, though.

before i tried the trigger, i imagined that it might be heavy. however, i was totally amazed at how light it actually is. it's quite a bit lighter than a smith target trigger on a double action revolver. i think you'll have to try one to believe it. i certainly wouldn't want mine lightened at all.

it is pretty hefty compared to most guns that people carry.

IMO the p12.45 LDA is a wonderful pistol. i love 1911's, but for carry, i prefer the 12.45 LDA especially because of the double action trigger and the small size.

The P14 45 LDA that I tried was reliable. The trigger pull was only about five pounds with a long take up and very little creep. It could be lightened with the replacement of the trigger spring.

lighten?

I don't know much about LDA Para's, but why? What is the reason behind taking a SA 1911 and changing the trigger to this LDA format then lightening it? I just don't understand...

The design also allows the trigger pull to be increased for departments that require trigger pull weight to be at or above a set weight. As an example, New York City has an eight pound minimum. (This is why Glock developed the eight pound trigger spring called the "New York trigger module".)

There are other Departments that allow their officers to carry the gun of the officers choice but require the gun to be of DA/SA trigger design. If you like the 1911, but are required to carry a DA/SA pistol, this design is just the ticket.

I have a Para LDA now and think it's great. It doesn't need the trigger lightened, but I would like to get rid of the overtravel. Any suggestions?

Para LDA

I was under the impression that the LDA was DA only more like a light, lighter than typical DA such as a Steyr or possibly a glock. So does it operate at something like 6lb first then 4lb after???

The LDA trigger is the same every time you press it. The LDA hammer is unique. The hammer is actually two pieces, the external hammer and an internal sear catch. The trigger bar pushes the external hammer back until the sear releases, the hammer strikes the firing pin, recoil sends the slide to the rear cocking the internal sear catch and the external hammer follows the slide into battery. This is how a DAO 1911 can have a five pound trigger.

I have carried a Para-Ord 14-45 LDA as a duty weapon for over a year now and love it. Very reliable and exceeds the accuracy of this shooter. NO need to do anything to the trigger, just shoot it a few hundred rounds and you too will become a fan.

I have fired hundreds of rounds through my two LDAs, a single stack and a double stack. There are completely reliable and highly accurate. I prefer other sights but wouldn't change anything else.

Back