Para Ordnance LDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDA is in production and is being shipped. First ten have gone this week to Switzerland. One hyndred more will be shipped today (Thurs. Aug 26th). Lineup starts to the left.

I saw an ad for the LDA in a magazine making the statement "The trigger was so light, it felt like a long Single Action..." Well, why not just buy a single action and get a light AND crisp trigger?

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

Kieth -- can't argue or disagree with you because I've been quite happy to date with singla action 1911's. Gotta admit I have no experience with DA's. That leaves me open to criticism 'cause it's my responsibility to keep myself up to date & informed. Having said that, there are an awful lot of folks out there who have decided to shell out good $$$ for DA's. Maybe it's the uncomfortable feeling of putting one under your waistband with one up the spout & the hammer all the way back. Biggest complaint I've heard about all DA's to date is the crummy triggers. This firearm, the Para Ordnance LDA, sounds like it makes that complaint disappear.

Looks like some one has done the DOUBLE EAGLE idea the right way...

If your a LEO - and you want a 1911 but your department says NO SINGLE ACTIONS... You now have an option.

I like the idea - and if the DA trigger turns out to be as nice as it is being touted - this may turn out to be a very popular model. Especially if there is a single stack version!

------------------
"America is a melting pot, the people at the bottom get burned while all the scum floats to the top."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Ok, ok.. no shoving....
The cue starts behind Nick & the powder burned Aussie !
"Hey, Schmidts cuttin' in"
Alright.. Marines to the right, people with "sensible" haircuts to the left...lol ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/

Well, I can only say that a SA 1911 has two different safeties in between you and an accidental discharge. If a person is negligent and forgets to put the thumb safety on or worse, runs around with his finger on the trigger sooner or later he will discharge that firearm - first rule, keep your finger off the trigger until....

The 1911's strongest point is that it has that crisp trigger which allows you to shoot it with great accuracy. To engineer a "fix" for negligence that detracts from the performance of the piece seems a step backward to me.

To each his own I guess, but if you want a nice safe DA why not just buy a Glock?

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

As long as we're queing up, we're going to need 3 lines. Aussies over there in the corner standing on their heads. By hte way HS -- mine comes in 3 calibers - 45, 40 & 9m.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back