Para Ordnance 7.45/6.45 LDA for CCW

CastleBravo: Good point! Answer - low IQ + mental set. I don't generally have much interest in semi-autos any more, so I spend my time on this forum. Apologies to the group! :) Dennis

Last edited:
No sweat, I've had the same problem (with IQ that is, I have lots of semi-autos :D )

Now I'm going to answer your question in a way that would annoy me if I had posted it: I'd avoid Para-Ordinance, period. :)

Some people have had good experiences with them but my P14-.45 was the worst lemon I've ever laid my hands on by a country mile. I'm not sure how the prices compare but a friend of my has a Kimber CDP that is very slick, and almost any Commander (4.25") or smaller 1911 is very concealable.

Well I've had good experiences with my Para-Ordnance 14-45 LDA. The only flaw I find with it is the tight barrel bushing. It is accurate and reliable. I've had no failures of any sort so far.
The LDA trigger is a good one. A long, smooth double action trigger. You certainly are not fighting it, making it feel lighter than it is.
If I did not have other suitable firearms, I would look at the 7-45 LDA Companion(?). I believe that is the Commander sized Para-Ordnance.
While I like the LDA trigger, the length of pull throws me off. So it is a fun gun for me. Single action pulls do better for me.

Back