Para-Ordnance 14-45 LDA

shamster

Has anyone tried this new double action 1911? What are your thoughts/comments? Do you all think this will score with LEO who like 1911's, but cannot carry single action guns due to department regulations?

I have owned an LDA for a little over a month now.Other than feeding problems from my mags(which has been corrected)I have nothing but praise for this pistol.It is like no other double action I have ever handled.The trigger pull is just superb.In my opinion it would make an excellent duty gun.

A double-action pull so light it feels like a single-action pull. At least that's what I've read. My question then is...what is the point? Why not go with the single-action? Aside from LEOs who may not have that option, why else would someone want a LDA? The fact is I am confused about safeties on guns in general. Why does everyone say you need extra training to carry cocked and locked? Is it just that you can forget to operate the lever when you should or is there something else unsafe about this mode of carry that is fixed if you go double action? Help!

Back